Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by Confessions of a part-time working mom.
1. Husband to wife: Anything else you want to take along, plenty of room.
2. Wife to husband: NOOOOO. I said we have to take the other car!
3. Husband to wife: This is not what I had in mind when I said I wanted a vacation out in nature.
Wife to husband: But you have to admit that the bathroom facilities are much better here . . .
4. Wife to husband: What do you mean this isn’t a rustic vacation, look over there to the left, I think I see a cougar.
5. Wife to husband: Lesson learned. That’s the last time I say that you can buy whatever you want as long as you can get it home with us.
And now for something yummy:
Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:
French Vanilla Cake with Raspberry Whipped Cream©www.BakingInATornado.com
1 1/2 stick butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
¼ cup powdered French Vanilla Creamer
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup powdered sugar
2 ounces of fresh raspberries (about 6 good sized berries)
¼ cup seedless red raspberry jam
½ tsp raspberry extract
*Grease a 9 X 13 baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
*Cream the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, milk and vanilla.
*Starting at your lowest speed beat in the flour, creamer, salt and baking powder just until incorporated, then increase speed to medium and beat for 2 minutes.
*Pour evenly into prepared pan.
*Bake for approximately 35 minutes or until the edges start to brown and the center springs back to the touch.
*Mash the fresh raspberries, raspberry jam and raspberry extract together. Push through a fine sieve and discard seeds.
*Beat the heavy cream until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and raspberry mixture and beat until stiff peaks hold. Spread over the cooled cake. Store in refrigerator.