Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by The Bergham's Life Chronicles.
1. I am eating this sandwich like a BOSS. Wait, make that like a Superhero.
2. Hey Mom, can you answer that Bat-Phone? I'm on my lunch break.
3. Just gotta finish my lunch, then I'll be leaping tall buildings in a single bound. Well, maybe after lunch AND a quick nap.
4. Now wait a minute, there isn't kryptonite in this sandwich, is there?
5. This isn't chunky peanut butter is it? Everyone knows superheroes only eat smooth.
And now for something yummy. In honor of this beautiful little superhero, I made a favorite of my kids when they were little, crunchy chicken fingers that are baked instead of fried:
Crunchy Baked Chicken Fingers
Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:
Crunchy Baked Chicken Fingers©www.BakingInATornado.com
3 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp minced garlic
3/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp chili powder
1 1/2 cups panko crumbs
4 TBSP butter
*Slice the chicken breasts into strips.
*Mix together the sour cream, garlic, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and chili powder in a medium sized bowl.
*Add in the chicken strips and mix well to be sure the chicken is completely covered by the marinade. Cover tightly, refrigerate, and marinate for at least 4 hours but overnight is best.
*Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 9 X 13 baking dish with nonstick spray. Melt the butter.
*Pour the panko crumbs onto a dish. Individually coat each chicken finger with the crumbs. Roll them around to be sure they're completely covered. Place them into the prepared baking dish.
*Drizzle the butter over the chicken fingers. Place in the oven and bake for about 40 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked and has browned.