Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by Someone Else's Genius.
1. Pheasant into his cell phone: Can you hear me now?
2. Note to self: Develop a line of camo clothing for pheasants, you'll make a fortune.
3. Pheasant to self: I'd rather be under the shrubs than under-glass.
4. Pheasant to self: But that free app I downloaded said hunting season ended yesterday.
5. Pheasant to self: Hunters? Who's afraid of hunters? If the wife finds out I spent the rent I'll wish the hunters had shot me.
and one more for Halloween:
6. Man yelling out from under the brush while undressing: STOP SHOOTING. This is a costume. Ever heard of Halloween?
Note to self: Burn this costume.
And now for something yummy. I chose this dessert for today because it's not only a fun Halloween dessert, but perfect for Thanksgiving too.
Ginger Pumpkin Cheesecake Log
Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:
Ginger Pumpkin Cheesecake Log©www.BakingInATornado.com
1 box (3.4 oz) cheesecake instant pudding
1 cup milk
3/4 cup pureed pumpkin
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 TBSP powdered sugar
Approx 30 - 35 ginger snap cookies
OPT: Pumpkin seeds or your choice of decoration
*Whisk together the pudding mix, milk, pumpkin puree, nutmeg and cinnamon for 2 minutes until it starts to thicken. Set aside.
*In a separate bowl, whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add the powdered sugar and whip until stiff peaks form.
*Fold the whipped cream into the pudding.
*Along the center of a long serving platter, place a thin strip, about an inch wide of whipped cream mixture.
*Spread about 1 to 1/2 TBSP (approximate, don't bother measuring) onto each ginger snap. Place one cookie on top of another so you have groups of about 5. Stand the cookies, not flat but on their edges, into the whipped cream mixture on the platter. You should have one long log.
*Using the rest of the whipped cream mixture, completely cover the top and sides of the cookie log. Refrigerate overnight.
*To serve, decorate as desired. Slice at a 45 degree angle.