Today’s post is something completely different from my normal
rants posts. You see, all that b*tching (ranting) and moaning and complaining has paid off. I have won the Liebster Blog Award bestowed upon me by a fellow blogger, Shellybean of follow me home... who either is a great new friend or has taken pity on me. I don’t really care to know which.
The way it works is that the winners answer 11 questions posed by the previous winner. This blogger then makes up 11 questions for the 11 winners of their choice. I love that I am being supported as a new blogger, now I get the chance to support others with either new or growing blogs. It's like a virtual hug.
Truth be told I’m a curious sort, so I’ve been reading up on this award. Early in 2011 if you won, you simply posted about the 3 bloggers you chose to award and explained why you admire them. No questions to answer publicly, nothing to think up for the next group of winners. Later in 2011 it was up to 5 deserving bloggers and your reasons for choosing them. I’m so glad to have gotten it now. I figure by the way the requirements are growing that by this time next year award winners will be answering 152 questions and undergoing a colonoscopy.
So in order to officially be inducted into the Liebster Blog Award Hall of Fame, I need to earn my medal (proudly displayed on my side tabs, if you care to look) by answering these questions:
1. What was the title of your very first post and what was it about?
Thank you so much for starting me off with an easy one. I may be getting old and forgetful but I’ve only been blogging for 7 weeks so I know this one. It was called Can I Blog? and it was about deciding to do the very thing that has lead to this prestigious award.
2. How did you come up with the name of your blog?My second post What's in a Name? was about my trying to pick a name and my third post Eye of the Storm was about the name I had chosen until I found it was already taken. I had my son choose from the other options I was considering. Now I love the name Baking In A Tornado. My son’s a genius.
3. Do you have an underground blog or does everyone in your world know you write it?
4. Have you ever had to deal with negative comments?I’m not sure. There were a few that were actually in another language. I don’t know what language or what they said. Could be they were cursing me, but I choose to think they were avid fans.
*Question #5 seems to have run away from home. Thanks, Shellybean, for the freebie!
6. Do you think it's important to respond to every comment?I do. I also don’t go to someone's house empty handed. And in case you’re reading this, Mom, I also always say “Please” and “Thank you”.
7. Do you blog for money? If yes, has it been worth it?
No, I blog for survival. I’ll let you know how it works out.
8. Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. One day. What would you eat?
Coffee for breakfast, chocolate for lunch, and a for a healthy dinner a pitcher of Martinis (olives are a fruit, you know).
9. Who was your favorite teacher in school and why?
Don't know how far back you think I can remember, but I will say this: The first frivolous and easy class I took in college was called Food Science. The teacher was funny and interesting. I walked out of that class the first day and thought “OK, no sweat, I can do this college thing!”
10. At this moment in your life, are you content?
11. Do you see yourself blogging for the long haul?
Seriously, though, it’s been challenging because I don’t have a niche. I’m not a foodie, my recipes are simple and basic. And my blog doesn’t really fit the humorous mold as the pictures are all of food, there are recipes included, and I include some entries that have a more serious tone. Unique doesn’t necessarily work in your favor when you’re starting out and trying to plug into an appropriate community.
Phew, came out of that relatively unscathed. Now here are the official rules the new crop of winners will need to know:1. Answer my 11 questions. Yes, publicly, whispering to yourself in the kitchen doesn’t count.
2. Make up 11 questions of your own. It’s pay it forward blogger style.
3. Choose 11 of your favorite bloggers upon whom to bestow the award. They must have FEWER than 200 followers. This is your chance to show your support to all of those bloggers you read and enjoy.
4. When you’re done, link back to me. I have no idea what this means or how to do it but I think I’m supposed to say it. If you know what to do, by all means do it. Then put it into “computer for dummies” language and email what it is and how to do it to me.
Ok, so here are my 11 questions:
1. How many total blog entries have you posted?
2. Do you have a favorite entry that you’ve posted?
3. Do you work at promoting your blog?
4. Have you ever had writer’s block? If so, what did you do?
5. What’s the greatest impact blogging has had on you?
6. Who has been the most help to you in your blogging?
7. What’s your favorite leisure activity (besides blogging)?
8. What’s your favorite time of year and why?
9. If someone rings your doorbell and you’re in the middle of getting down a thought for you blog, do you answer the door or keep on writing?
10. Boxers or briefs? Sorry, don’t answer that, just wanted to see if you’re still paying attention!
11. Has blogging become an addiction? Do you think we all need an intervention?
And my 11 choices for the new crop of Liebster Award Winners:
1. Susan at http://booklerner.blogspot.com/
2. Rujuta at http://rujutax.blogspot.in/
3. Chelsea at http://www.chelseasculinaryindulgence.com/
4. The Anon Bloggers at http://theanonbloggers.blogspot.com/
5. Nichole at http://www.cookaholicwife.com/
6. Rhiannon at http://happy-little-feet.blogspot.ca/
7. Ellen at http://ellenbcookery.blogspot.com/
8. Reisa at http://lifeismorethansoundbites.blogspot.com/
9. Dawn at http://www.wordsofdeliciousness.com/
10. Keyona at http://skinnyanddelicious.blogspot.com/
11. Nel at http://www.theramblingcouchpotato.com/