Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by Sanity Waiting to Happen.
1. Ad in a local paper: “Freezer for sale. Contents included.”
2. Hubs to Wife: “I have good news and bad news. Good news, there’s plenty of berries in the freezer. Bad news: you may not ever want to use them.”
3. Child to Mom (who can’t hear him because she’s screaming her head off): “Can I keep him, Mom? Huh? Huh? Can I keep him? Plllleeeeeaaaaaassssseee, Mom?”
4. Snake to screaming woman: “Shut the door, you’re letting all the air conditioning out.”
5. Hubs to wife: “I have a surprise for you, a DIY project for your blog, make your own snake-skin purse.”
Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:
And now for something yummy:
Seafood Angel Hair Florentine
Enjoy your weekend!
Seafood Angel Hair Florentine©www.BakingInATornado.com
12 oz Angel Hair Pasta
1 1/2 cups uncooked spinach, cleaned and dry
3 TBSP butter
1 TBSP olive oil
3 tsp minced garlic
½ tsp dried red pepper flakes
1 # uncooked bay scallops
12 oz uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/3 cup white wine OPT: may substitute chicken broth
2 TBSP lemon juice
*Cook the pasta al dente. Drain, return to pot and cover to keep warm.
*In a large saucepan, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir about 3 minutes. Don’t allow the garlic to get brown.
*Add the scallops and shrimp to the pan. Turn the heat up a notch and cook for about 5 - 6 minutes until the scallops are white and the shrimp is pink.
*Add the wine to the pan. Cook for one minute until the wine is hot, then add the lemon juice.
*Add the uncooked spinach to the warm pasta and mix. Add the seafood and sauce and mix again. Top with grated parmesan.