Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by The Bergham's Life Chronicles.
1. Little pumpkins to the big guy: we’re going to have to ban you from participation in al sports pending the results of your steroid test.
2. Little pumpkins singing to the big one: ♪ ♫ ♬ And in the name of the Lollipop Guild . . . we’d like to welcome you to Munchkin Land ♪ ♫ ♬
3. Large pumpkin to his shrink: I’ve been so depressed since they ripped me from the vine. It’s sad, I just feel so . . . deflated.
4. One little pumpkin to the others: OK, who squashed the squash?
5. Big pumpkin on his cell phone to 911: Send an ambulance. And the police. And CSI too. Tell them to bring stun guns and a big net. Big Foot is real. AND HE STEPPED ON MY FACE.
And now for something yummy:
Caesar Salad with Eggless Dressing
Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:
Caesar Salad with Eggless Dressing©www.BakingInATornado.com
1 TBSP balsamic vinegar
2 cloves garlic, finely minced
1 stone ground mustard
3/4 tsp anchovy paste
4 tsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp black pepper
6 TBSP olive oil
OPT: Sprinkle of salt
1 head romaine lettuce, cleaned and dried
1 1/2 cups croutons
4 oz block of parmesan cheese
ground black pepper
OPT: To make this a meal, top with cooked meat, chicken or fish
*In a small bowl, mix the balsamic, garlic, mustard, anchovy paste, lemon juice, black pepper, sugar and red pepper flakes. Slowly but vigorously whisk in the olive oil. Taste to see if it needs a sprinkle of salt.
*Using a vegetable peeler, peel about 1 cup of parmesan cheese shavings.
*Tear the romaine into pieces and place into a large bowl. Toss with the dressing, adding a little at a time, just until salad is dressed but not soaked. Store any unused dressing in the fridge.
*Add the croutons and parmesan shavings and toss again. Sprinkle with black pepper to taste.