And although I’m actually the recipient of some of those treats, you can bet the I make plenty of them too. For me, baking is so many things, not the least of which is an expression of love.
There will be more Valentine’s Day recipes coming up on this blog between now and the 14th, but I thought I’d also do a recap of some that I’ve previously posted. I hope you’ll try some. Well, actually I hope you’ll try them all. ‘Cause nothin’ says lovin’ like adding a little junk to their trunk. That’s my new philosophy. Think it’ll catch on?
Here are some recipes I put together as my recommendations for showing love. From no-bake to baked, lighter to more decadent and everything in between, there’s something here for everyone.
Find the recipes by clicking on the recipe name below:
1) Cream Cheese Toffee Cake: There’s something about a dense chocolate cake that just epitomizes romance.
2) Chocolate Raspberry Cake Squares: This is my version of poke cake, squared (in more ways than one).
3) Dark Chocolate Raspberry Fudge: If you don’t have a heart shaped cookie cutter these are just as delicious in small squares.
4) Butterfingers Brownies: Butterfingers and Brownies. Need I say more?
5) White Chocolate Peppermint Cake: This is a dense layer cake infused with alcohol but I also include an alcohol free option.
6) Red Hot Love Cookies: My newest creation. Add a little heat to your Valentine’s Day celebration.
7) Peppermint Bark: A no-bake sweet for your sweetheart.
8) Chocolate Sponge-Cake Cupcakes: These are a little less dense, more like a sponge cake, but all chocolate and full of flavor.
9) Chocolate Mint Cupcakes: I make a lot of chocolate and mint treats as that’s a favorite in my house. These chocolate mint cupcakes are one of those delicious treats.
10) Double Chocolate Cheesecake Pie: Dark chocolate crust, dark chocolate cheesecake and a whipped cookies and cream layer. This recipe is decadent.
11) Fiery Apple Cookie Bars: A surprise ingredient makes these apple cookie bars fiery. Can you guess what it is?
12) Love of Mint Cake: Another option for those chocolate and mint lovers. This one is sheet cake style.
13) Strawberry Lemonade Cheesecake Squares: A lemon cookie dough crust with a no-bake strawberry lemonade cheesecake topping. Perfect for any occasion.
14) Strawberry Cream Cookie Cups and Parfaits: This is two recipes in one. You can make the cookie cups and add the filling and/or use the filling to make beautiful parfaits.
15) Homemade Hot Fudge: We make this all year round. Choose your ice cream flavor, trickle this warm fudge over the top and everyone gets to add their own toppings.
16) Cheesecake Filled Strawberries: Beautiful fresh strawberries are one of those classic Valentine’s Day treats. Fill yours with this delicious no-bake cheesecake filling.
17) Angel Food Trifle: Light, airy and delicious. No bake, easy to put together and beautiful to serve.
18) Lemonade Mini Cupcakes: I love these little mini pop-in-your-mouth sized cupcakes. The lemonade flavor is a refreshing surprise.
19) Mint Mousse Brownie Cups: Mini brownie cups with a mint mousse filling.
20) Chocolate Strawberry Brownie Cake: Two layers of strawberry cake with a brownie layer in between. This cake always impresses.
As always, if you try one of my recipes, you’re welcome to share a picture of it on . And be sure to stop by this blog regularly from now through the 14th for more new recipes, both savory and sweet, perfect for sharing with those you love.
‘Cause, you know, nothin’ says lovin’ like adding a little junk to their trunk. See? It’s catching on already.
*A version of this piece was also published on The Huffington Post Taste as Twenty Treats for your Valentine.