Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by Spatulas on Parade.
1. Little Bear to Mom: Now mom, you just go back home. I told you I was running away from home. It doesn't work as well if you come with me.
2. Little Bear to Mom: What do you mean this isn't the way to our cave? See why I asked for GPS . . .
3. Mom to Little Bear: Don't let them scare you dear, that place is called a donut shop and the bear claws they're selling don't really come from bears.
4. Little Bear to Mom: What do you mean what am I looking for? A pic-a-nic basket of course. Just like Daddy Yogi does.
5. Little Bear to Mom: What am I doing? I'm cliiiiimbing a staiiiirway to heaaaaaven.
And now for something yummy:
Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:
Crispy Baked Eggplant Parmesan©www.BakingInATornado.com
1 large eggplant
1 cup Italian seasoned croutons
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/8 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne
olive oil (or any) non-stick spray
approximately 10 slices mozarella
Homemade Marinara: recipe HERE
*Peel the eggplant and slice into 1/2 inch rounds. Sweat on a paper towel by lightly salting the slices and allowing them to sit for 10 minutes. Blot with a paper towel.
*Beat the egg with 2 TBSP water.
*Place the croutons, 2 TBSP of the parmesan cheese, the cumin and cayenne in a food processor. Pulse until it's the consistency of bread crumbs.
*Coat a baking pan with olive oil non-stick spray.
*Dip each eggplant slice individually in the egg mixture, then the crouton mixture. Be sure the entire slice is entirely coated.
*Place the slices on the prepared baking pan and refrigerate for 1/2 hour.
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
*Spray the tops of the eggplant slices lightly with the olive oil spray and place the pan into the oven. Bake 10 minutes, turn the slices with a fork and bake another 10 minutes.
*Remove the eggplant from the oven but leave the oven on. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan over the eggplant, then place a slice of cheese on each one and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
*While the eggplant is cooking, heat the marinara sauce.
*Remove the eggplant from the oven but leave the oven on. Drizzle some of the marinara over the eggplant and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
*Serve with the remaining marinara and additional grated parmesan cheese.