Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by me!
1) Mom to the Boy: “You know I can still see you, right?”
2) Boy to his little brother: “You go hide, I’ll count to a million and then come find you.”
3) Baby Bear: “Someone’s been sitting in my chair, someone’s been eating my porridge, someone’s been sleeping on my couch . . . and he’s still there!”
4) Boy to his Mom: “Wake me up when the school year ends.”
5) Boy to his Mom: “Have I been sleeping for 10 years or did someone shorten the couch?”
How would you caption this picture?
And now for something yummy:
Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:
Shrimp Spread Crostini©www.BakingInATornado.com
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 TBSP parmesan cheese
1 baguette, sliced on the bias into 1 inch pieces
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup dried onion flakes
salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste
2 cans baby shrimp (about 4.25 ounce cans)
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
*Arrange the baguette slices on the prepared pan.
*Mix together the olive oil, minced garlic and parmesan. Usint a pastry brush, lightly brush the mixture onto the bread slices.
*Bake for 15 minutes or until it starts to brown.
*While the bread is toasting, mash the remaining ingredients together. Once the bread starts to brown, remove from oven but leave oven on.
*Spread the shrimp mixture onto the toast slices. Return to oven and bake for another 5 - 8 minutes, just until the topping is hot.