Here’s today’s picture. It’s the picture that inspired this whole project and was submitted by Black Sheep Mom.
Red Statue of Liberty to the green Statue of Liberty:
1. “You need to get to New York Harbor. I’ll write down the directions but you better hurry before someone figures out you’re gone.”
2. “If I give you my number will you stop following me around?”
3. “What did the Chief of Police mean we’re not dressed right for undercover work?”
4. “I could have sworn I read on Facebook that today was “dress like the Statue of Liberty” day.”
5. “How many strangers do you think took our picture today?”
And a bonus:
6. “I don’t care whether we look alike or not, I’m not your mother, stop following me around.”
Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:
And now for something yummy:
Berry Bar Sundae
Enjoy your weekend!
Berry Bar Sundae©www.BakingInATornado.com
1 stick butter, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
¼ tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 cup mixed berries of your choice, rinsed and dried off, larger ones chopped
½ cup cinnamon baking chips
1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
¾ cup chocolate chips
Scoop of ice cream
Dollop of whipped cream NOTE: I make my own, recipe is here: Strawberry Shortcake, Nacho Style
½ cup chocolate chips, melted (for serving)
*Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8 X 8 baking dish.
*Beat the butter, margarine and sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla. Slowly and carefully beat in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
*Mix in the cinnamon baking chips, then carefully mix in the berries.
*Pat evenly into the prepared dish. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and very carefully and gently spread the raspberry jam over the top. Sprinkle with ¾ cup of the chocolate chips. Return to the oven for 2 minutes.
*Using the chocolate chips that are already on the bars and have now become soft in the oven, use a knife to gently spread over the entire top of the bars.
*Cool on the counter for ½ hour, then in the refrigerator until completely cool. Cut into 4 squares.
*Top each square with a scoop of ice cream, a dollop of whipped cream and drizzle top with the remaining ½ cup of (melted) chocolate chips.